Monday, October 8, 2012

Back to the grind.

Blogging from my bed via my blogger phone app. Let's see how handy this thing can be!

Today was an odd day. Unfortunately I did not have the day off. If you did, you're damn lucky. I would have given my left breast (the smaller one) to have the day off. But no. I'm a full-time nanny so not only does Columbus day mean workday but it also means double workday because the 3 boys I watch are home from school. Thankfully we had a play date planned so it wasn't too excruciating but I was face with another challenge today. Eating at someone else's house. At this particular play date I stayed the entire 4 hours (don't ask) and attempted to make small talk with the other moms and help out. Snacks were flowing and those were easy to dodge but I felt obligated to accept a sandwich from the mom hosting. Jo big deal a sandwich but the danger comes in not knowing exactly whats on it. I THINK there was ham, salami and cheese on it and it was on a giant piece of turano Italian bread (140 calories alone!). Very kind gesture, tasty sandwich, but threw my day's eating plan into a tailspin. I already used almost 400 calories on breakfast, had planned a very light lunch and I wanted to "bank" 600-700 calories for dinner. No such luck. But i rolled with it and just used the unplanned calories as motivation during my afternoon run.

So let me get caught up. For breakfast I had a waffle and two little sausage patties. I swear I brought a Luna bar but got sucked into the boys' breakfast and again didn't plan on a greasy sandwich for lunch. Dinner was a steak burrito bowl from Chipotle with brown rice, mild salsa, guacamole, lettuce and tobacco. I could have ate two. I was pretty hungry after my run. Which I dominated by the way.

After work I ran at my favorite forest preserve. I ran Week 8 Day 1 of Couch to 10k which was 28 straight minutes of running. I could do it! I started off slow and and tried to find a groove when roughly 5 minutes into my run I looked at the app on my phone and the timer had stopped running. 5 minutes doesn't sound like much but trust me, increasing 3 minutes sound like death. So I decided to just keep running and I'd stop with 5 minutes left on my run since I had already been running 5 minutes. But a crazy thing happened. I didn't stop! I ran the whole 28 minutes on top of the 5 additional minutes I had already ran. A total of 33 minutes!!! I was very proud of myself and it was a pretty good run.


No comments:

Post a Comment