Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hello, 5 a.m.!

I finally did it!  I have tried over and over again to set my alarm 45 minutes earlier with the intention of getting a workout in and every single time without fail I have woken up only long enough to reset my alarm for my usual wake-up time.  But not today! Today my alarm went off at 5:15 am and after many curse words, moans and groans I was up and out the door to complete Week 7 Day 1 of Couch to 10k. Not gonna lie, it was rough.  It was dark.  Pretty chilly.  And my body was feeling very stiff and not ready to run but after 10 minutes or so I started to loosen up and it got better.  Hell, I'm planning on doing it again tomorrow!!

Not too shabby of an eating day either.  Treated myself to some Starbucks after my run (caffeine, please!!) and had their oatmeal with a little brown sugar and a tall skinny hazelnut latte.  331 calories but worth it.

Around 10:30 am I had a few slices of honey ham for an early morning snack. 90 calories

Lunch: Mariano's Chicken Noodle soup.  Yesterday's was so good that I had to get it again! Only 220 calories for TWO cups. Yummm

For dinner I made a new pork tenderloin recipe in the crock pot. Very tasty and really simple.  Here's the recipe!  180 calories for 3 ounces.  I had 6 ounces.  Sue me. Also had some steamed brocolli and a salad with 50/50 mixed greens, cucumbers, green onions and light buffalo ranch dressing (first time trying, still not sure about it yet). Total calories: 498 calories

Total Calories Consumed: 1139
Calorie Goal: 1260

Do you see this? 20 straight minutes of running.  Whoop there it is!
Run in the Darkness.  I really need to invest in some reflective gear.




Breakfast!  Oatmeal with a little brown sugar added and a tall skinny hazelnut latte
Calories: 331 calories





Super pumped that tomorrow is Friday.  It's been a good week and I'm hoping for an even better weekend.  I haven't weighed or measured myself yet but I can already tell a difference in the way that I feel on the INSIDE!  Less moody, less stressed and less gross.  Round of applause for "less gross"!!! :)

Also...I've been checking out some other blogs and I think I'm starting to develop a case of Blog Balls.  ...What's that? You're not familiar with "Blog Balls"?  One develops a case of Blog Balls when they become inspired by another blogger's bravery and find themselves saying, "If he/she can do it, FUCK, I can do that too!"  Where am I going with this????  Well...these balls may just be posting progress pics of themselves on here.  Crazy?!? Insane?!? ...Ballsy!!!

1 comment:

  1. BALLSY!!!! Maybe one day I'll have Blog Balls

    I'm thinking I am going to make that recipe soon....once I find my crockpot in the stack of boxes all over the house. :(

    ReplyDelete