Tuesday, October 30, 2012

It's about damn time!!!

I finally bought my most important piece of running gear yesterday.  Yes, shoes are obviously important and a necessity but I've been lacking something else for too long.  I needed a sports bra to hold these bad boys up and in for a looooong time.  And since I was having a case of the Mondays I decided to brighten my own day with an early birthday splurge at the running store. :)

I knew right away what bra I wanted since I've been researching online for a couple months now.  I bought a Moving Comfort Juno sports bra in black.  This bad boy feels like a suit of armor.

Wish I looked like this in the bra.  One day...

Then I decided to continue to look around at some cold weather running gear.  I run in the same Nike capri running tights EVERY DAY.  I try to wash them after every run but let's be honest, sometimes things happen and I end up having to wear them twice before washing.  Trust me, I even gross myself out but what's a girl to do.  Running pants aren't cheap.  A couple of weeks ago my running pants were dirty (aka worn 2x without washing) so I decided to wear some Nike running shorts instead and I was gone for not even 5 minutes before I had to turn around and run back home to change into the smelly, still sweaty, running pants.  Couldn't take it.  The last thing I need when I'm trying to keep my body running is to be thinking about how uncomfortable my clothes are and be digging shorts out of my crotch.  Pretty hard to stay in the zone.  I tried on a few different pairs of running pants that the nice sales lady, Kathy, suggested for me.  I told her I am used to running in "tights" (I guesss that's what they call running pants that are tight all the way down the leg) because often the waist on a straight leg pant will ride on me or move and I end up pulling at it, etc.  I have this problem because it's hard for me to find pants that fit around my waist that still fit on my butt and thighs because I carry most of my weight in my stomach.  I'm glad I tried on Kathy's suggestions anyway because I ended up loving the Moving Comfort Fearless pant and the waist is high (sexy I know) and it has a thick elastic band at the top so hopefully it won't give me any problems as I run.

Yep, that's my stomach. :)




I wassssss going to stop there.  I swear I was.  But they had so many cute thermal tops and trust me, I need one of those too.  I've been wearing my very old and very thin black Northface fleece over a t-shirt to run when it is cold outside. Not cutting it for many reasons.  1. It's black and has no reflectors on it. 2. Not water repellant. 3. Not very warm (very old and extremely thin) 4. It's my everyday jacket and only "winter" coat so like my running pants, it doesn't get washed as often as it should.  So I bought this lovely thermal top from Nike:

Nike Element Thermal Hoodie
I wore the bra and Nike top yesterday during my run and both were great.  I don't know how I ran with my old sports bra before. (I would have to wear TWO and it still wasn't cutting it!)  Going to test out the new pants right now when I do the Zumba Strength and Toning DVD.  We'll see if they ride, fall, move, twist as I lunge, salsa and thrust my pelvis.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at Juno bras last week! Do you really like it??? I saw they had some on clearance on their website but I dont want to spend the money and then not like it or have it fit funny. Did you have to buy a size up?

    ReplyDelete